The TGC, or Taulignan-Grignan-Chamaret, was a small tramway that played a significant role in the railway history of the Drôme department. This line served the localities of Taulignan, Grignan, and Chamaret, providing transport for both passengers and goods. Although initiated as part of the Freycinet plan, its operation began in 1907, with some delay compared to other secondary lines in the Drôme that had already been launched as early as 1893.

This tramway, although part of a comprehensive program aimed at opening up inland regions and facilitating the transport of local products to the Rhône Valley, did not achieve the expected success. Goods transported included stone, charcoal, silk, and beets, while the Rhône Valley supplied materials necessary for local activities in return.

The TGC consisted of various types of wagons for transporting goods and cars for passengers, all carried on the same convoy. Goods often had to be transferred at Chamaret to other destinations such as Pierrelatte or Nyons, resulting in delays and missed connections with main lines like the PLM.

The TGC’s meter-gauge track, laid directly on the ground with poor-quality materials, made the line unstable and prone to derailments. Several accidents occurred, some of which were fatal, such as the collision with an army vehicle during the Great War and the tragic death of a shepherd between Grignan and Taulignan.

Maintenance of equipment and personnel training were also problematic, leading to service interruptions and unreliable connections. Due to these difficulties, the line was eventually abandoned in 1927.